Troi Automatisering releases Serial Plug-in 3.0b1 for FileMaker Pro 8.5
Best “Get Info” application for Mac OS X. New features in 1.0b1 include custom icon editing, extensive contextual menu support, set/clear a files invisible bit, hot keys run in background and many bug fixes. FileXaminer eliminates the need to use Terminal, and makes changing attributes on files/folders a breeze.
New beta plug-in for FileMaker Pro 8.5 offers powerful access to one
or more of the computer’s serial ports.
- Download CleanMyMac X 4.0.1 for Mac. Fast downloads of the latest free software!
- Mighty Mouse 2.0b1. Mighty Mouse allows you to customize your cursors with style - and it does so on the fly, without modifying any system files! Moreover, it allows you to customize all kinds of cursors available in the system - Arrow, I-Beam, Alias, Copy, Move.
October 3rd, 2006, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands–Troi
Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Serial
Plug-in 3.0b1 beta for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi Serial Plug-in?
Troi Serial Plug-in gives FileMaker Pro 8.5 easy and powerful access
to one or more of the computer’s serial ports:
– Read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly
from FileMaker Pro without the need of a separate application.
– Native FileMaker script triggering, to get incoming data into the database.
– “Serial_Control” function to temporarily suspend the incoming data
stream and resume it when you are interested in the data.
– “Wait for Match” function to wait for a specific character string
– The possibility to open an unlimited number of serial ports and to
trigger different scripts for different ports.
– Support for high speed connections up to 230 Kbps.
– Clear example databases to get started quickly.
Peter Baanen, company president, states: “We had quite a few requests
to update Troi Serial Plug-in for FileMaker 8.5. Although we had to
make the new version of Troi Serial Plug-in more expensive than
before, I’m happy to see that today the beta version is ready!”
Troi Serial Plug-in can be used whenever you need to send or receive
ASCII data over a serial port. Suggested uses for Troi Serial Plug-in
3.0b1 are connecting to a modem, custom switchboard dialing, caller
ID, barcode reading, controlling external devices, data acquisition
and data transfer. This plug-in is also very well suited for the use
in electronic devices that send data to the computer continuously,
like most electronic weighing scales. An example file for a weighing
scale is included in the download.
All these features also work in a runtime solution.
What is new in beta version 3.0b1?
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0b1 adds these new functions and features:
– Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
– (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on
PowerPC and Intel Macs.
– Added new Serial_TextToAsciiValue function, which converts a text
to the ASCII values.
– (Windows) The Serial_GetPortNames function now detects all existing
serial ports, instead of always returning with COM1…COM4.
We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what *you* can
do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0b1 is
available for downloading at Troi’s Web site at:
Troi Serial Plug-in 3.0b1 works with FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5. The
plug-in can also be used with runtimes created by FileMaker Developer
7 or by FileMaker Advanced 8 or FileMaker Advanced 8.5. The plug-in
is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher (on PowerPC), for Mac OS X
10.4.5 or higher (Intel-based Mac) and Windows XP (Service pack 2).
Licenses cost US$ 1099 for a cross platform developer license. We
don’t offer single licenses at the moment. More details on developer
licenses can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from
our web site.
Product upgrades from an earlier cross platform Developer license,
are available from US$ 749. Product upgrades from an earlier single
platform developer license, costs US$ 899.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker
Pro plug-ins. For more information, visit our web site at:
For Release On: Monday, February 25, 2002
Taylor Design Releases TextSpresso 2.0b1 for Mac OS X
Download File Pod For Mac 1.0b1 -
Taylor Design has released a public beta of its award winning TextSpresso
text cleaner. Version 2.0b1 is the first version to run natively on Mac OS
X with an updated user interface that takes advantage of the Aqua look and
During the 2.0 beta testing period TextSpresso will be on sale for only
$19.95. Users who register during the beta test at the special sale price
will receive a free upgrade to the 2.0 final release.
TextSpresso 2.0b1 is available now from the Taylor Design web site and is a
free upgrade for registered users. Others may download the beta and use it
for free for up to 30 days. TextSpresso can be registered via Taylor
Design’s secure online store and by postal mail.
The following purchase options and sale prices are available for
* Single User: $19.95
* TextSpresso/List Pad Bundle: $29.95
* Site License: $350.00
* World Wide License: $800.00
TextSpresso can be found at the following locations:
Direct Download Links (2.0)
What is TextSpresso?
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner.
TextSpresso includes over 200 filters and can:
* Clean up Internet text, including E-mails and downloaded web pages.
* Prepare text for Internet transport, HTML publishing, and print
* Perform fast, multi-pattern data extraction, such as extracting web page
* Sort text according to user defined sections and keys.
* Convert text files between Mac and PC with highly accurate character
* Hot Filter the selected text in virtually any Mac application.
* Batch filter text files with a fast, multi-threaded batch processor.
* Let you create filters for your own text filtering needs using any of ten
What are TextSpresso’s Awards?
TextSpresso’s awards and ratings include:
* 5 Apples (MacHome Journal Magazine February 2001 Review)
* 5 Smileys (Mac OS Journal September 2000 Review)
* 5 Stars (AppleWizards August 1999 Review)
* 4 Mice (Macdownload.com)
* File Mine Jewel (File Mine)
* 5 Cows (TUCOWS)
* Featured in the Kleper Report on Digital Publishing.
What are TextSpresso’s features?
* Supports Hot Filtering of the selected text within virtually any Mac
* Batch processing of documents.
* Fast, memory efficient, multi-threaded filters.
* Up to 100 levels of undo for each open document.
* Includes over 200 filters for HTML, Internet, platform conversion,
publishing, data extraction, sorting, and more.
* MultiFilters provide double click application of more than one filter.
* Extract Data filters provide fast, multi-pattern data extraction.
* Sort Pattern filters sort text according to user defined sections and
* Users may create new filters using any one of 10 core filter types,
including pattern matching, extract data, pattern based sorting, and
* Users can trade filters they create with other TextSpresso users.
* Over 30 user preferences.
* Intuitive, slick user interface with Filter, History, and Help palettes.
* And much more!
What does TextSpresso require for use?
* A Macintosh or 100% compatible clone with a PowerPC processor.
* Mac OS X or Mac OS 8/9 with CarbonLib installed.
* A minimum of 4 MB of hard disk space for the complete install.
* A minimum of 6 MB of free RAM.
Download File Pod For Mac 1.0b1 Hard Drive
About Taylor Design
Taylor Design is a privately owned software shop located in Oak Hills,
Taylor Design specializes in custom and commercial software for the
Macintosh platform, written using Prograph CPX and Metrowerks CodeWarrior
Taylor Design also offers consulting and web site design services to
businesses in the High Desert area. Taylor Design consults for both
Macintosh and Wintel platforms.
E-mail: [email protected]